Thursday, June 30, 2011

Red White and Blue Gratitude!


One of my favorite places to visit, "Stampin' Sisters in Christ" has a challenge this week to make a red, white, and blue card that is a thank you!  The scripture verse is :
Galatians 5:1

You can read this week's devotionals and view all the design team's cards by clicking on my SSIC blog banner on my sidebar!
My card uses a new Flourishes Set, "Country Charm labels" which also coordinates with the spellbinder dies. I used a small flower image to make the patterned paper under the label...it almost reminds me of fireworks!  The sentiment on this set is one I was particularly drawn to...I do believe that the power of our words to speak gratitude makes such a difference to us, and to those we live with...or should I say those who have to live with us.
I am so grateful to live in my country, the good ol' U.S.A.!!  This past few months we had the opportunity to travel to many other countries, and one of the most thrilling sights is seeing all the flags flown over a government building....and  yet the red, white, and blue always stands out to me!
I am thankful for the many comforts I have, the daily dishes, laundry, and sweeping and dusting all made more convenient for me by these little maids called vacuums, dishwashers, washing machines and dryers.  I am thankful for a warm soft bed to fall into at night, for covers to pull up to my nose and for the knowledge that an all Sovereign God is tucking me in and watching me sleep. He who never slumbers is more than able to watch over me. I am thankful for so many things...my faith, my family, my freedom that extends so many privileges and freedom to worship being one of the most important.   I am thankful to the men and women who have fought to keep these rights for all Americans.
And I am thankful for my friends and stampers who stop by here! God bless you ! Have a wonderful Fourth of July! Ours will be spent in our mountain town home with family in and out. We will take the boat out on the water for a couple of days and maybe watch the fireworks if my husband can stay up that late!! What are your plans?

8 comments:

  1. So pretty Traci. I really like the way you paired the flourishes with the embossing. I enjoyed reading all you are thankful for. I agree with all of those! I hope you are having a great week. Thanks for joinging the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Traci! LOVE your little stamped image in the red and blue colors and that Flourishes label is so pretty! I loved reading your list of things you're thankful for too! My washer, ac and dishwasher recently died within a months time and I suddenly realized how grateful I am to have them and have them working!!! LOL! I know what you mean about traveling though... it just feels good to set foot back on US soil when you've been away for a while! Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Traci - what a wonderful post - I too am grateful for the freedom we have and the luxuries it affords us - we are a blessed people, both in the USA and 'Down Under!' Love your card too Traci - it is a great take on this weeks challenge! Love it! Love it! Thank you for joining us for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we appreciate your support and love to see your wonderful projects! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to use this stamp set, and a lovely post, Traci. These small blessings are the ones for which I'm most grateful, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post and a beautiful design Traci, loving the embossing.Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Traci, are you enjoying your mountain retreat? I hope so! This is a beauty of a card, I like how you used the set and of course, red, white and blue is a favorite combo of mine, so pretty to see it all over the gallery at SSIC! Lovely embossing folder, lovely thoughts, wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite Flourishes sentiment set. This is beautiful. One of my best new friends here is British and we talked today about how wonderful this country really is compared to other countries. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traci....your sweet and caring personality and life's attitude comes out in your readings...AND having been lucky enought to truly meet you in person and spend some time with you I can say that your kindness and caring comes very naturally and is felt to be so very genuine......you have a beautiful soul

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!